Friday, September 14, 2007

The Little Things




I took some pictures of Aiden yesterday and was reminded of something. Take small steps to succeed in your goals.
I watched him pick up these little finger puffs yesterday with such precision. It wasn't graceful by any means. But, he did it. If he dropped a poof he would carefully try to pick it up again until he got it. He didn't get frustrated because if it got too hard he knew I would put one in his mouth for him.

Aiden wasn't afraid or frustrated because he knew I was there and that I would help him when he needed it the most.

Just a small reminder that God is with you, whether your task is small or mighty. He will be there to help you and hold your hand through your trials.

-It is so easy to realize this fact but harder to live it!
May the Lord bless your life!
Warmly
Melissa :)

16 comments:

Tabitha and Larry said...

So true! We need that reminder.
Aiden has such cool eyes.

Thanks for stopping by our blog.
:)tabitha

Jenny said...

Aiden is adorable!
Thank you so much for your comment :) God is amazing! I hope everything is going well for you!

Me & My Boys said...

Wow! What an awesome reminder!!! Thanks Missi!!! God will help me through all that lies ahead as my new adventure as a mom begins!!! :) Hope you're having a blessed week! Hopefully I'll get to see you Wed. for WOW! :)

rowena said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Nat said...

You are so right! Sometimes we forget that we can learn a lot from children! Great photo of Aiden and awesome words!

Kenzie Shores Photography said...

wow! thanks for the reminder! beautiful post. :)
Kenzie

Sarah said...

You always have such a word of encouragement!! Awesome.

Hey.... if you ever want to trade family photos (I take yours, you take ours) I would looooooove that. :)

Ginger Murray said...

Yes... thank you for that reminder. Always so very helpful to hear things like that!
What a cutie:)

AHS Photography said...

So glad I found this blog from Ohana...great words

sherri said...

Oh, I love that age! He is adorable. ;) I love your sweet words in your blog, and all of your encouragement. Blessings!

Mary Marantz said...

what an awesome post!! so, so true and *definitely* something we needed to hear right now!!

xoxo
M:)

abcdef said...

This is so true, Melissa. Thank you for that simple but encouraging reminder! Hope all is well.

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

Awesome Words! Keep up the Hard work and amazing work

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Looks like you have so much great stuff to say. I gotta do more of that on my blog and use it to serve the Lord as often as you do. Great to see you at the shoot and I'll look forward to the next one! -E

P.S. Thanks for the blog love. : )

Toni said...

beautiful words... beautiful pictures, and what a handsome little guy. (I would have said beautiful, but he would hate me later on for that!!). thanks for reminding all of us that it's those hard times, or those little things, when he's there for us the most!!!
keep inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Aren't the little things the best? By the way I love your blogs header made me smile.